Job position: project engineer (consultant)
A job as project engineer in the pharmaceutical industry has a lot of variation. You are responsible for projects from A to Z: design, planning, follow-up of construction, quality. You can be multidisciplinary or specialize in an area such as utilities, HVAC, electricity, automation or production equipment.
As project engineer, you are responsible for determining the technical and user requirements, the selection, tendering and/or design of pharmaceutical equipment, facilities, utilities or automation. You ensure the follow-up during the different phases (design, construction, commissioning, etc.), as well as the proper and timely delivery of the project with the pharmaceutical client.
For this position we are looking at all levels of experience, from starter to senior level.
Your responsibilities as project engineer include:
- selection and tendering of equipment
- develop a project or implementation strategy which is realistic and meets client expectations
- keep oversight of involved contractors, ensure their work is done on time, with the required quality and safety
- plan and execute commissioning & qualification
- manage change control
- manage documentation of the equipment, projects
- ensure proper handover to operations
- take decisions which properly balance out quality / budget / planning and help project stakeholders to reach a compromise on critical project decisions
- fluent in English, at least conversational level in Dutch
- strong analytical skills, well organized, studious and precise
- you can communicate with and manage your stakeholders (e.g. production, maintenance)
- you are able to write clear documentation in English
- master degree in engineering, or equivalent through experience
Nice to have
- experience working in a GMP environment
- experience working as an engineer in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry